3 HABITS TO END THE YEAR STRONG – by, Khushboo Jain
1. ONE POT COOKING
During this pandemic and the holiday season it can be hard to get to the gym!
Here are some ways how you can keep active during this time of the year:
- Dance: whether it’s the game Just Dance or a set of your favorite songs to dance to, dance along!
- Try a new exercise video online!
- Nature walks with your family/friends
- Do a jump-n-jacks relay race
Get a deck of cards and create a list of exercises to each card. When you’re playing games with the deck, use it to get in some movement!
2. BUY SEASONAL
It’s Winter Time! While this is a beautiful time of the year to celebrate, boosting your immunity is also important during “flu” season and the pandemic!
Seasonal vegetables often provide nutrients our bodies demand more of during the season. Here’s a list of some Winter fruits and veggies to include in your month’s meals:
- Winter Squash
3. SHARE THE WEALTH
During the holiday season is a great time to remember to give back to your community and people who need our support.
Here are some easy tips for healthy and safe food donations this season:
- Identify where you are donating to: soup kitchens, food pantries, etc.
- Identify their needs. Ask your location what they need during this time. Due to COVID, some places (like SHFBLV) are not accepting food donations, fund donations only.
- Discuss food safety: No dented cans, expired foods or temperature sensitive foods (if they don’t have the ability to store).
- Discuss how you can drop off the donation safely due to COVID.
*SNAP-Ed USA Material Modified.